Q&A with Fashion Model Grace
1. How did your career as a model begin? Were you scouted or attend an open call?
I was actually scouted at a One Direction concert in Pasadena last year.
2. How do you maintain that gorgeous mane? Do you do conditioning treatments or use special products for curly hair?
I use conditioner in my hair everyday in the shower, and then I put on leave in conditioner from Neutrogena right before I go to bed.
3. Do you ever flat iron your hair? Do you prefer your hair curly or straight?
If I have time I sometimes flat iron my hair. I do prefer it straight because it is easier to brush out, which makes a HUGE difference with long hair. I do like how my wavy hair looks when it’s brushed out though.
4. What are your top 5 must have skincare/makeup products?
My top 5 skincare/makeup products are my Actifirm face wash, moisturizer, Z-Peel, my Sephora Collection liquid eyeliner, and clear mascara for keeping my eyebrows in place.
5. How do you stay fit? Do you follow a specific diet?
I’ve been dancing for over 11 years, and I dance five days a week after school. I’ve never felt the need to follow a specific diet since I love food, but I tend to eat more during dinner after dancing, so that I don’t dance on a full stomach.
6. Who are some of your favorite fashion designers?
Some of my favorite designers are Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton because I like how they have a classic, yet modern vibe to their pieces.
7. What has been your most memorable experience so far in your career?
My most memorable experience in my career was when I did a shoot at the LINE hotel in LA with another girl from Nous named Lyzy. The hotel was a really fun place to shoot at because it had a modern, yet urban look to it, which I loved since I like traditional modern architecture.
8. Who are some photographers you are dying to work with?
I actually don’t have any photographers in particular in mind because each photographer I’ve worked with has their own unique style. However, some of my favorite photographers I’ve worked with so far are Eddie Chacon, David Lim, Farhad Samari, Ed McGowan, and David Choi.
9. Describe your personal style. Do you like to dress up or down?
For the most part my style is usually casual, yet put together, and has a classic vibe to it. Some of my favorite pieces to wear are some of my matching sets and high wasted pieces.
10. What advice do you have for someone interested in pursuing a modeling career?
This might sound cheesy but never give up on your dreams! You will get rejected a lot, but it will pay off in the end if you work hard and keep an open mind. In addition, be sure to advocate for yourself.
INTERVIEW BY HAIRAZZI LARA BEVIS
Laura Bevis is a vlogger, blogger and makeup lover!
You can view her YouTube Channel: Truly Beauty at
and follow her on Instagram @laurabev96 and Twitter @laurabevis96